With deep apologies to my father and the profession he worked in while raising our family, never trust a salesperson. They'll tell you anything to make the sell.
I've been procrastinating on the kitchen project because I wasn't entirely confident on the choice of countertops. The salesperson at Lowe's basically was selling me a 'special deal' for one that I really didn't like other than the cheap price. I had already made up my mind that if I went with Lowe's I would have to rethink the choice of countertops. The salesperson at Home Depot was friendly as well, and her suggestion on countertops was a lot better, but I still did not feel entirely comfortable with the decision.
Today, a friend of mine went with me to Home Depot and took one look at the countertop the salesperson had suggested and quickly said it was hideous, which confirmed my thought. I just figured maybe I was missing something on the decoration thing and just wasn't getting why this countertop looked so good. She basically confirmed my first thought that it was not that nice. We then spent time looking over other options, one of which she liked a lot but I quickly vetoed because I didn't like it. After more searching, I finally found one that I liked. The problem when looking over things at home was the fact that Home Depot was a lot more expensive than Lowe's.
So now, I have to convince my friend to go with me to Lowe's and look at the stuff all over again. Eventually I will get this project done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I take offense to this postings title.
ReplyDelete