Well, it's official. Everything has been ordered and paid for. Well, paid for in a financed by loan and credit card kind of way.
I went into Lowes last week and sat down and made all the final ordering of everything for the kitchen. The cabinets were the easy part, as they had already been measured and selected. Same with the countertop. The week before, I had gone in and looked at stoves, microwaves, etc., so I had an idea of what I wanted in terms of those items.
I mete with the kitchen designer at Lowes, whose name is Sharon, and would be highly recommended for anyone in the area looking at the same thing. She has been great throughout the entire process. Very nice and friendly (of course she is, she's probably getting commission), and very helpful in a non-pushy, stress free kind of way. She was impressed at how easy the final stage of ordering was since I had already made up my mind on what I wanted.
The two of us walked around and I showed her which oven and microwave I wanted. Then I decided to get a new dishwasher too. Turns out, if you buy a new dishwasher and the old one gets recycled, you get a $125 refund from the state of Missouri. That pretty much covers half the cost of the dishwasher, and they were going to have to pull out the old one anyway, so why not? Also picked out the type of kitchen sink and the kitchen faucet I wanted. Then came the flooring. I had an idea on two kinds, and after holding the cabinet up to them for color comparison, it was an easy selection.
Then came the fun part. I had to fill out an application for what they call a Lowes Project Card, which is basically a loan through Lowes. They approved me for up to $10,000, which I used quickly for the cost of the whole entire project. Then came the credit card, as I still owed about $3,800. (More on the cost thing in a future post). Can you say ouch?
All in all, the whole thing is underway. It's over. Not more extra money for me. And no more living debt free (not counting the house and the car). But now everything is over. No turning back now as the wheels are in motion. Now comes the fun part. Waiting for it to all get here before they can get started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment