How fast things move once you make your payments. The cabinet order was processed and made within a couple days of me making my payment and verifying the order. The company that made them had a cool website that let me followed the progress.
The request was received and confirmed on June 16. It was scheduled for production on June 29, and two days later, on July 1, the cabinets were shipped. They were received by the delivery agent on July 2, who then called me and set up a time for delivery on Tuesday, July 6. Of course, the delivery "window" is like the cable company, where they give you a four-hour time frame when the delivery will be made. Just my luck, my window is 10am to 2pm, right in the middle of the day. But at least the cabinets are on their way. That makes the whole thing seem even more exciting and me more anxious.
The next step is to get a hold of the contractor. Lowe's wants the guy doing the work to come and see the delivery and make sure that all the pieces arrived and that they arrived undamaged. In the meantime, I had to clean up the side room of my house, the one next to the kitchen, where they will store the cabinets until they are installed. This led to me cleaning out the kitchen as well. I packed away all the stuff I wouldn't be using in the next couple of weeks. I guess you could say the anticipation is creeping in and I'm doing whatever I can to have things prepared ahead of time.
I even confirmed with a friend of mine that he still wanted my old cabinets, and which ones, either part of them or all of them. I wanted to make sure I knew so when the tear out process began I could make sure to keep them.
The other interesting thing that happened last week in regards to my order was with the payment to Lowe's. For whatever reason, I sat down one day and looked through all the receipts and payments for the project. In looking at the receipt, which was at least 6-feet long, I noticed something odd. The receipt was broken down by category, with all the appliances in one group; the cabinets in one group; the countertop in one group; the installation of the cabinets in one group; and a last group for countertop installation. As I looked at it, I noticed that the group with the appliance information was on there in two places, once near the top and once near the bottom of the receipt. I studied it more and the only conclusion I came to was that I paid twice for the following items: stove, microwave, dishwasher, kitchen faucet, lighting, ceramic floor tiles and grout for the tiles. The total amount was $1775. And I paid it twice.
Needless to say I made a quick call to Lowe's to figure this out. The designer that I had been working with, Sharon, listened to my explanation and then said she would look into it and call me back. She called later that day and was just as confused as I was. The work order information was all correct, but the receipt from my payment definitely showed I paid twice for that group of stuff. She promised to take care of it and did, within a day or two actually. My account was then credited with the $1775 that I overpaid, making me a much happier camper. That lowered the balance by about half that I had put onto my credit card. Now if I could just convince them that I paid for all the cabinets twice I'd really owe a lot less. Somehow I doubt that'll happen.
But the anticipation level is definitely rising now that the first big step is here, with the cabinets set for delivery in just a couple days. Pictures of the new cabinets will be posted once they arrive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment