With the kitchen getting remodeled, and no access to a stove or sink, cooking dinner is pretty much impossible. While I stocked up on frozen dinners in preparation, it's still so much easier to just go and eat out somewhere.
Obviously this could get quite expensive throughout the entire process, but somehow I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. I'll probably continue to eat out on a regular basis at a variety of restaurants.
With that, I decided to keep track of how many times and where I eat out during the entire kitchen remodeling process. So far this week, the count is four times. They tore out the kitchen on Tuesday, and that night after running errands, I stopped by Wendy's and grabbed burger and fries. Wednesday, I was off work and after golf in the morning, mowing the yard and a nap in the afternoon, I met a friend at Macaroni Grill where I treated to dinner that I owed for a favor. Thursday night I closed at work, so didn't have to worry about dinner. Friday, I opened at work and afterwards met a friend (same friend) for dinner at Red Lobster. Saturday, it was a little more economical dinner with the same friend again, and had Steak 'N Shake.
Couple of things have come up in the last few days on this whole issue. First is that I'm going to spend a lot of money on eating out the next several weeks until the kitchen is done. Second, I have really good friend who has agreed to eat out a lot lately knowing my situation. I may have to spring for another dinner as payback for being so nice. I've also decided to see how many different restaurants I can eat at during this whole ordeal. Might as well spread my money around to as many local eating establishments as possible.
Here's the tally so far:
Wendy's - 1
Macaroni Grill - 1
Red Lobster - 1
Steak 'N Shake - 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment