Monday, July 19, 2010

More Pieces to the Puzzle

Three more big pieces, both figuratively and literally, to the kitchen puzzle arrived today. They delivered the new stove, the new dishwasher, and the new microwave this morning.

I was a little surprised because as of last notice, they were going to call and let me know what day they would be delivered. I knew it would be Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday of this week, but I wasn't sure which day exactly. I was actually planning on calling them this morning to find out which day, but before I could get out of bed, they called me and told me they would deliver between 10am and 2pm.

They arrived around 11:30, and dropped off the new stuff. More importantly, they took away the old stuff. The old stove, range hood and dishwasher were all sitting outside along the side of my house, making it look totally white trashy. 'Ol Yeller, the ugly old piece of crap stove that started this whole project, has now left the building. It is gone. Forever. Thank God.

So now all my new kitchen stuff, and some of my old cabinets, are all sitting in one room. That makes it a little hard to move around in that room, but no worries, at least its here. Later this week, Friday I believe, the contractors will be here to install everything, then it will look totally different.

Oh, and another night of eating out, and another new restaurant can be added to the list. Here's a rundown: Tues 7/13 - Wendys, Wed 7/14 - Macaroni Grill, Fri 7/16 - Red Lobster, Sat 7/17 - Steak 'N Shake, Mon 7/19 - Max&Ermas.

No comments:

Post a Comment