The three delivery guys didn't take long to unload everything. They weren't here more than 15 minutes and lifted some of those bigger boxes like they were nothing. The main guy was pretty funny, and explained in complete detail how to check off the packing slip as they brought stuff in to make sure it was all there. I didn't have the heart to tell him I check in vendors at work on a daily basis, so I know how to make sure everything is there. He also noticed my Cubs picture on the wall and Cubs pillow on the couch. He then hollered out to the other two not to unload anything else and pack it back up in the truck because they weren't allowed to deliver to Cubs fans.
Shortly after the cabinets were delivered, the two installers from Lowes came by to look them over and make sure first of all that everything was there, and secondly that it was undamaged and in good condition. I have to say, I was impressed by how thorough they were. They went one box at a time, checked the label on the box, made sure what was marked was actually in there and that it was the right thing that needed to be ordered. Then they opened the box, took the cabinets out and looked it over to make sure there were no damages, scratches, or anything.
I watched and talked with them while they were doing all this and was amazed at how picky they were over some of the stuff. Not that I minded. They looked over every inch of each piece, checked all the hinges of the doors and looked inside every drawer. They found one shelf that had a scratch on the bottom side of it, and while I'm thinking oh well, it's on the bottom who's going to see it, they said they would have a new one sent to replace it. I have to admit I was impressed with how detailed they were. They looked like a couple of CSI detectives looking over a crime scene.
The installer, Andy, said he would contact me tomorrow about a time frame on when they could start on the tear out and get the appliances delivered. He also wanted to check with the electrician to coordinate schedules with him as well.
That also means I have work to do. Because the house is so old, they can't take out the flooring because of possible asbestos. Because I put down cheap vinyl floor tiles a couple years ago, I know that's not an issue (or at least it's not now, it may have been a couple years ago). Even still, they can't tear it out without jumping through a bunch of hoops, which means more money, so I have to tear it out myself. Pulling the tiles out is easy. Removing the sticky adhesive on the floor underneath is a different story.
Either way, the project has now officially started.
No comments:
Post a Comment