Thursday, August 26, 2010

Everything Works Now

I'm a few days behind in posting this, but it's been rather busy lately. I do now have a fully functional kitchen though.

After going back and forth with Lowes on who would do the plumbing work, I finally had a friend of mine hook up the kitchen faucet and garbage disposal and all the plumbing. It didn't take him very long, and with a couple hours of work it was installed and working. I've even used the stove (to heat up a pizza, but it still counts) and the microwave (for popcorn of course). The only thing I haven't used yet is the dishwasher, only because I haven't had a chance to get any dishes dirty yet.

Now there only remains a couple of things to complete the project. I have to decide on paint colors so I can paint the walls. It looks a little goofy right now with the different colored drywall and patches, and the ceiling needs painted too.

But the end is near. I just need to figure out what color to paint and then find the time to do the painting. The second part of that may be the tougher of the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment